Monday, December 28, 2015

The end of a year and new beginnings

December 28, 2015

As the year is coming to a close, there is some quiet time between Christmas and New Year's. Today I decided to create my vision board for the coming year.  I spent about three hours looking through old magazines trying to find images or sayings that reflected where I am on my spiritual journey and where I want to be headed. 

Designing a vision board is a very contemplative activity, a process that connects us to our deeper selves, our intuition, and the intention for our life. I wanted my vision board to reflect where I wanted my ministry to grow this year.  Howard Thurman said "Ask what makes you come alive and go out and do it. Because the world needs people who have come alive." I am most alive when I feel connected to the Divine and share my spiritual journey with others.  Spiritual Direction is the way I have chosen to walk with others on their spiritual journeys.  If you read my website www.helenrousseau.com , I explain what spiritual direction is.  Spiritual direction is NOT about telling people how to live their lives.  It has nothing to do with dogma.  Each person has their own unique soul path and this must be respected and honored at all times.Spiritual direction is about being a companion to someone who wants to live a deeper spiritual life. It's about listening.

I also want to dive deeper into weaving.  I began last December and with the help of all my friends who donated their unused yarn, I've been able to learn this new art medium and develop my creativity.  I hope to do more weaving next year and have it become another source of income.  I need to seek a mentor to guide me in this art. I have a good book which has been helpful but I want to be more creative.

My other intention for the coming year is to continue to eat greener and cleaner.  I'm very attracted to being a vegan and am going in that direction.  The health benefits have been proven over and over again. 

So with these intentions and my continued practice of mindfulness, I know the year ahead will be very exciting and fulfilling.

No comments:

Post a Comment