Wednesday, July 15, 2015

July 15, 2015

I haven't posted anything in the past two years.  I've been studying and was ordained as an interfaith minister on June 7th 2015.   I now want to resume a weekly blog which may sometimes be short or long.  For those who are just coming to this sight, you would do well to read my previous blogs from the beginning.

My poem "Where Are You?" is an exploration of my understanding of God/the Divine/the Holy, as it has changed over the years as I have deepened my spiritual life and sought answers to the same questions that many of us deal with.

My two years at the Chaplaincy Institute of Maine, ChIME, were a graced period that allowed me to look at my spiritual journey over the past seventy years, beginning as a Catholic child with 12 years of Catholic education, followed by 30 years as a nun.  Now I have come full circle and I am free to trust in my own experience.

In the next few weeks, I intend to share insights and thoughts from my own meditations and readings, insights and challenges.

I'll be pleased if you want to share this journey with me.

Helen

1 comment:

  1. Helen I am so happy to read this!!!! Remember that gathering so long ago when we gave you an ordination kit including a certain anatomical piece? Of course we were joking in the face of a terrible injustice. I am so glad you journeyed with the institute and reached the goal that was rightfully yours many years before. God is smiling!

    ReplyDelete